Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sage Lounge



Like 13 years back, Uptown Whittier used to be the place to be on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.  I remember when my parents used to take me to the Village Cinema, there where cars cruising, girls with their high heels and short skirts.  It was a night life there.  It was rare to see teenagers up there.  Well there was but only in the late afternoons.  But the adults own the night.  There used to be a nightclub called Ibiza.  I think that's why many went to Uptown Whittier.  Now it is not as much fun as years back.  Now in Uptown Whittier, there is a lot of teenagers.  Some are still in middle school.  Uptown Whittier somewhat turned from a theme of nigh clubs with racing cars to a more Gothic scenery.  Most of the teenagers that hang up there now are punks, emo, and Gothics.  Ibiza is not there any more.  There is most bars and lounges now.  One of my favorite lounge up there is Sage Restaurant and Lounge.  It has a welcome vibe and I can relate to their music.  Their food is really good, and of course the night club is where all the young people gather to have fun.  I just miss the old Uptown Whittier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment