Wednesday, November 3, 2010

THE WHITTWOOD MALL


Whittwood Mall original

  I have lived in Whittier all my life and my favorite place to go was the Whittwood Mall. It was my favorite place to go because it was real close to home and it also was a very big mall.  Inside the mall there were trains where I could sit and ride all day long.  Also my favorite place was the Sanrio store because it sold Hello Kitty things.  But unfortunately the Whittwood Mall was destroyed.

Current Town Center

The only stores that stayed there are JcPenny, Sears, and Mervyn's which now is Khole's.  The mall was closed and when they decided to close it, the stores remained in the same place but now it is not a close mall, but rather is a shopping place.  Now it is called the Whittwood Town Center.  Where all the stores used to be now there are parking lots for the other stores.  The other stores that are now there are PetSmart, Worldwide Market, Target, Pay Less shoe store, Jamba Juice, etc.  


Behind the town center, there are constructing Condo's that are now for sale.  I think that they shouldn't of taken away the mall because it was a good thing, there were many stores and it was a mall.  Now if Whittier Residents want to go to a mall, the closest one would either be the Brea Mall, the Montebello Mall, or the Downey Mall, depending on where you live.  Now we are stuck with the World Market and other stores that are not of my interest.  All I wish for is for them to put a Sanrio store.     

1 comment: